Friday, August 5, 2011

Pictures and Quotes

Its been much too long. Everything is going pretty well in my world. Summer is drawing to a close and I'm content to wait a couple weeks to get back to my world, but it will be really nice when I get there.
 I've got a thing for sailboats.

"It's the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something's difficult to come by, you'll do that much more to make sure it's even harder -if not impossible- to loose." ~ Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen 
[I also read This Lullaby by her both were very good and deeper than expected]
  
"It is astonishing just how much of what we are can be tied to the beds we wake up on in the morning, and it is astonishing how fragile that can be" ~Coraline by Niel Gaiman
I'm not sure what daisies wont tell but I saw this cushion at an antique store and it intrigued me.  Any idea on what secrets daisies have?

  
I found my first Nerdfighter note recently. I was happy. It was in a copy of Paper Towns at a used bookstore. I did replace it so whoever bought the book still got a note.
I pre-ordered John Green's next book The Fault In Our Starts, I'm excited it got pushed up to January.

I'm 20 years old (no its no where near my birthday). 
I've liked odd numbered ages better for a while now. 
I loved being 19. I was just old enough, but still young enough to be a little irresponsible.
I realize that I am young, but 20 feels so much heavier.
I'll never have "teen" in my age ever again.
Good bye childhood.
Adulthood, I'm glad I've come to terms with you, 
but we're not friends yet.

Just a few tainted thoughts to share.

2 comments:

  1. All great pictures. And great quotes. And I love the bit at the end.

    Here. Have a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the daisies saw someone else's secret. But they are not tattlers.

    Not sure what a nerdfighter is, but I will google...definitely. 20 looks good on you. You are on your way to greatness I can tell!

    Loved it. More please... :)

    ReplyDelete

And out of the void a voice came.