Friday, March 2, 2012

Transition

I want it to be summer.
I want to wear shorts and a tank top and still be warm.
I want to enjoy what I'm doing, what I'm living,
and not have to worry about homework.

I love winter, I love jackets,
I love coming home and getting warm.
But I'm glad that seasons change.
I am ready for spring,
and as much as I don't want time to move forward too quickly

I am starting to want this next season
I'm looking forward to summer, and
with some anxiety
the summer after that

I don't know what is coming next.
But I'm going to trust
that a certain Someone else does

1 comment:

  1. :)
    Well. I'm a little worried that this summer is going to be a scorcher because my Mom's already handing out her "80 degrees is too hot to wear a beanie" speech.
    But summer is more than weather. It signifies freedom.
    April is a closer at handsome thing I'm looking forward to.
    But I know that anxiety about the future and I'm sure glad that Someone knows where I'm heading.

    Love,
    Jills

    ReplyDelete

And out of the void a voice came.